I have now been hosting all my sites at WP Engine for about 9 months. The experience has been overall, excellent. Right now they are have a summer sale that has 20% off your first payment but it runs out at the end of July 2017. If you buy a whole year of hosting this means you get 20% off the whole year.
My Experience with WP Engine
I have contacted support about 25 times in the nine months I’ve been a customer. Sometimes I do it just to check my understanding of something. Basically, it is so easy and convenient to do that I feel like I can ask them anything whenever I want.
The best part is that your site will be well protected so you really don’t have to worry about hackers.
In terms of the quality and friendliness of the support staff, I have only come across one engineer who was sub-standard. This is unusual. Everyone else has gone beyond the call of duty to fix problems.
They don’t support things that are not hosting related – so you can’t ask them to fix your site – but anything hosting related is OK. The only difficult part of hosting with WP Engine is perhaps when you first move your site across assuming you have an existing site. They have lots of documentation to help you do this and a plugin that makes it quite easy once you understand how it all works.
If you think you will find the move too onerous a task, then we can provide consultancy to do the site move for you. Use our contact form if you’d like us to move a Genesis site over to WP Engine. We can also tune and advise on performance and plugin use.
These are the advantages I see to using WPEngine.
- Spend no time worrying about hackers. WP Engine will do the worrying on your behalf.
- Free un-hacking of your site in the event is it needed
- 24/7 support via chat
- 24/7 support via phone
- Help desk ticket support
- Fast hosting which means you will have a fast site and if it can be made faster, by doing something at your end, WP Engine have page performance monitoring system to help you identify any issues you can address.
- No requirement to install caching plugins. All caching is automatic and at the server.
- Secure – minor versions of WordPress auto applied
- Real time security threat detection including DDoS and brute force, these are no longer your problem.
- Instant backups
- Staging site – so you can easily test a plugin or a new setting without hurting or affecting your live site.
- WordPress only hosting – so they care about little else.
- Page performance testing built into the WP Engine portal so you can test how well your site performs.