Genesis Clubbers understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and our obligations under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- Account – means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of our site.
- Cookie – means a small text file placed on your computer or device by our site when you visit certain parts of our site and/or when you use certain features of our site.
- Our site – means this website, genesisclubbers.com
- UK and EU Cookie Law – means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
- We/Us/Our – means Genesis Clubbers, a limited company registered in England under 04735990, whose registered address is 141 Englishcombe Lane, Bath, Somerset, BA2 2EL, UK.
- Information About Us
- Our site, genesisclubbers.com, is owned and operated by Purple Parasol Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 04735990, whose registered address is 141 Englishcombe Lane, Bath, Somerset, BA2 2EL, UK. Our VAT number is GB831522456.
- Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
- What Data Do We Collect?
Some data will be collected automatically by our site. Other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it, for example, when signing up to our newsletter, entering a free draw or to download some information. Depending upon your use of our site, we may collect some or all of the following data:
- Email Address
- Answers to survey questions about likes and dislikes
- IP address (automatically collected)
- web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
- The URL that referred you our site (automatically collected)
- Your activity on our site (automatically collected)
- The site you exit to (automatically collected)
- How We Use Your Data
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your access to our site.
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our site.
- Supplying our services to you
- Responding to communications from you
- Supplying you with email that you have subscribed to. Please note that you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link that appears at the bottom of every email we send you
- Market Research
- Analysing your use of our site to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience
- Facilitating the free prize drawers that the site offers
- With your permission and where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may mean contacting you by email with information, news and offers on our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
Advertisers whose content appears on our site may engage in what is known as “behavioural advertising” – advertising which is tailored to your preferences, based on your activity. Your activity is monitored using Cookies. You can control and limit your data used in this way by adjusting your web browser’s privacy settings. Please note that we do not control the activities of such advertisers, nor the information they collect and use. Limiting the use of your data in this way will not remove the advertising, but it will make it less relevant to your interests and activities on our site.
We may use Google Adsense advertising on this site. Please be aware that :
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
- Visitors may opt out of personalised advertising by visiting Ads Settings. You can also consult this website for information on how to opt out of personalised advertising.
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
- Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using our site and submitting information to us. If we do store or transfer data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the Data Protection Act 1998. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between us and any third parties we engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that we take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting data to us via the internet.
- Do We Share Your Data?
- We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of our site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal information, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of us.
- What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. You will be given the chance to unsubscribe and have our data removed from the new owner’s email list.
- How Can You Access Your Data?
- You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held) on payment of a small fee which will not exceed £15. Please contact us for more details.
- Contacting Us